Kim Tae-hyung (김태형) is also known as Kim Taehyung or by his stage name V, he is a member of BTS (a.k.a Bangtan Sonyeondan/ Bulletproof Boy Scouts) under BigHit Entertainment.
V made his debut on June 13, 2013, as a member of BTS on Mnet's M! Countdown with the track "No More Dream" from their debut single album 2 Cool 4 Skool. Together with the members of BTS, he went on to win a series of awards and performed at several events such as the Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA), American Music Awards (AMAs) and Billboard Music Awards (BBMAs).
- V was born December 30, 1995 (age 23) in Daegu, South Korea. He lived in Goyang and Daegu before moving to Seoul.
- As the oldest of 3, V has one younger sister (Kim Eon-jin) and one younger brother (Kim Jeong-gyu).
- He started playing the saxophone in the 12th grade and continued practicing the instrument for three years. His father supported his dream, telling him that a singer should at least learn to play one instrument. This led to V playing the saxophone.
- V is often described as a family man; he notes having a very pleasant childhood and is extremely close to his family.
- He was inspired by many Korean and American artists to become a singer.
- He began his entertainment career at the Korean Arts High School in Seoul, graduating alongside group-mate Jimin (Park Ji-min) in 2014.
- V was first credited for music composition in HYYH PT. 1 when he co-wrote and co-produced the song "Hold Me Tight." He also contributed to writing lyrics for "Boyz with Fun" (also known as "Fun Boyz").
- V made his acting debut in a supporting role in KBS2's historical drama Hwarang: The Poet Warrior Youth.
- With BTS, V has begun a new campaign with UNICEF entitled LOVE MYSELF: END VIOLENCE in an attempt to end violence among the world's youth.
- His voice is low and husky but he can easily reach high notes. He has the widest vocal range out of all the members.
- His favorite colors are green, black, purple, grey and white.
- His zodiac sign is Capricorn.
- He can also be touchy touchy with some of the members.
- He is 23/25 years old (US/Korean ages, respectively).
- He can speak fluent Korean and Japanese
- His favorite items are his computer, clothes, shoes, accessories, and anything unique.
- When V's teaser image was released, 5 fan clubs were created. HOLY WATER FOR THIS SEXY GUCCI STAR
- He has his driver's license.( Run BTS ep. 18)
- He is the pickiest eater out of all of the members.
- He is known for his love of classical and jazz music.
- His role model is his father.
- When he has concerns, he shares them with Jimin and Jin.
- His best friend is actor Park Bo Gum. He also has a close relationship with the actor Kim Min Jae, with whom he filmed the show 'Celebrity Bromance' in 2016.
- His favorite clothing brand is Gucci.
- He has been named the most fashionable in the group.(Gucci Boy)
- He has an interest in the visual arts, including photography and painting.
- His motto's include: "Live life coolly as much as you can," and "Since life happens only once, waking up at ease in the morning and working to your best ability is the best thing you can do."
- He likes amusement parks.
- He is ambidextrous.
- His family has been hit with poverty before. But he wasn't born from a poor family.
- His three requirements for happiness are family, health, and honor.
- He says that his ideal date includes going to an amusement park or a nearby nature park.
- His favorite type of skinship is holding hands.
- He has a bad habit of biting his nails and sticking out his tongue.
- His favorite food is japchae (Korean stir-fried glass noodles and vegetables).
- He likes to search for obscure good songs in his free time.
- He likes to watch anime.
- He loves playing the saxophone.
- If he had a superpower, it would be to talk to cars.
- He hates wearing shoes.
- He stated that he wants to marry his first love. His ideal type is someone who takes care of him and does a lot of aegyo. He wants someone who is charming and wears chic clothing and wide pants.
- He is afraid of heights.
- His Spotify playlist is titled: V's Join Me
- V was voted as number one of the 100 most handsome faces of 2017, ranking at #1.
- V likes the painting 'Starry Night' by Van Gogh. He has a picture of it hanging in his dorm room as well a phone case of it.
- V has the most pets of all the members (3 dogs and 2 cats). His most recent pet is his dog Yeontan. u wish u could be yeontan
- V mentioned when he was younger, he went to the zoo and got spit on by a chimpanzee.
- V's BT21 character is a red anthropomorphic heart named, Tata. They wear a blue onesie with yellow polka-dots.
- Tae-hyung had 3 different choices for his stage name, which were V, Six, and Lex. He chose V because 'V' stands for victory.
- V's favorite singer is John Legend.
- V has three solo songs, "Stigma" (Wings), "Singularity" (Love Yourself: Tear), and "Scenery", the last of which was a solo project.
- V's favorite hair color is red.
- V likes playing Overwatch
- V loves dogs a lot.
- He loves acting and he starred in the historical drama 'Hwarang'
- Members' statements about V:
Jin - "V is the noisiest member. He'll be sitting in the dorms, then suddenly he will be running around making strange noises. He's really weird. I think it's a concept. He asks before he does something and is very detailed"
RM - "I want to try his cooking because I will probably cry."
Jimin - "He is always there for me. Whenever I feel like crying, he cries with me. He has a cheerful personality and doesn't notice his surroundings. He likes to play a lot."
Jungkook - "I have no answer to describe his personality."
Suga - "For his age, he's quite immature and is unable to be serious. He doesn't really care what other people think"
- His favorite number is 95.
- He became part of the dance lineup when they started preparing for their Love Yourself: Tear comeback.
- V came up with the famous saying "I Purple You". This phrase, as well as the colour purple itself, has great significance and has become a trademark of sorts for BTS/ARMY. Purple is seen as a color that indicates long-lasting trust, love, and affection. This phrase is BTS' way of showing their love and trust for ARMY.
- V, along with Jin, Jimin, and Jungkook was voted as one of the World's most handsome men of 2018, earning him a spot at #1.