Kim Nam-joon (Hangul: 김남준) mejor conocido como RM (Rap Monster), es miembro de BTS (también conocido como Bangtan Sonyeondan / Bulletproof Boy Scouts) bajo BigHit Entertainment. Él actúa como el líder del grupo.
Early Life Edit
- Kim Nam-joon was óoon on 12 September 1994 in Ilsan-gu, Goyang, South Korea. He grew up with his younger sister, Kim Geong Min in Seoul. During his primary school days he was impressed by uniforms and wanted to be a security guard of a housing society.
- He attended Global Cyber University and majored with honours in Broadcasting and Performing Art. He was among the top rankers in the national school exam and had a TOEIC score of over 900, which is commendable. He also had a very high IQ of 148.
- He learnt his native language and Japanese in school and also picked up fluent English by watching popular American sitcoms like ‘Friends’. He also studied in New Zealand for a while and self taught himself English which he considered essential.
- Considering his academic performance, his parents expected him to take up a regular job. However, his love for music and the company he kept prevailed and he convinced his parents to allow him to become a full-time rapper. He was already writing lyrics that were quite popular while in school.
- According to him, rapping helped him get over the stress of his studies and the lyrics of his song ‘No More Dreams’ was inspired by the days when he worked late into the night for his exams.
- In October 2016, BTS released their second full studio album 'Wings'. In which brands each member has their own solo track in an album together. RM wrote his solo song 'Reflections'.
- Learned English from watching "Friends"
- He used to be known as “Runcha Randa." His character in video game Maple Story doubled as a stage name when he performed as an underground rapper pre-debut. He even released a few tracks under this moniker, including collaborations with Block B’s Zico.
- He destroys everything he touches. Sunglasses, clothes, doorknobs, bunk bed ladders. You name it. Hence, his members call him the "God of Destruction."
- He was the first member to join BTS.
- His nickname was ‘dance prodigy’ but actually he was so bad at dancing, his dance teacher and company staff called him that.
- His favourite dance move is swinging his arms side to side.
- His favourite colour is black.
- The Korea Music Copyright Association attributes over 130 songs to RM as songwriter, composer, also including writing for member Jimin's solo song "Promise".
- The superpower he wants is Invisibility.
Photo Gallery EditMeet the leader of BTS! He is the cutest thing ever. He destroys everything he touches. Sunglasses, clothes, doorknobs, bunk bed ladders. You name it. Hence, his members call him the "God of Destruction."
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.