Jeon Jungkook (전정국) is also known under the name Jeon Jungkook (전 정국) or Golden Maknae (due to his unique number of talents). He was born in Busan, even though Jimin was born there first. He is the youngest member of the South Korean BTS group, also known as Bangtan Sonyeondan / Bulletproof Boy Scouts / Beyond The Scene). He is the main group singer, leading dancer, rapper, center, group face, and maknae. He always wanted to be singer and RM is the person who helped Jungkoook to face his fears and become a kpop Idol. He put effort and work into joining the south Korean boy group BTS.
Jungkook was interviewed when he was 12 and trained with the group for 3 years until he made his debut on June 13, 2013 when he was 15, as a member of BTS on Mnet's M! Countdown with the track "No More Dream" from their debut single album 2 Cool 4 Skool. Together with the members of BTS, he went on to win a series of awards and performed at several events such as the Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA), American Music Awards (AMAs) and Billboard Music Awards (BBMAs).
- Stage Name: Jungkook
- Real Name: Jeon Jeongkook
- Birthday: September 1, 1997
- Birthplace: Mandeok-dong, Busan, South Korea
- Zodiac Sign: Virgo
- Height: 178 cm (5’10”)
- Weight: 70 kg/154 lbs
- Blood Type: A
- Chinese Zodiac: Ox
- Position(s): Main Vocalist, Lead Dancer, Sub-Rapper, Center, Maknae
- Religion: non religious (originally Christian)
- Nicknames: Kookie, JK, Seagull, Golden Maknae, Kook, Bunny, Justin Seagull, Ggukie, The one in the middle, Muscle Pig, Guk, Kookie Bear, Jungshook, Jeonggukie, Gukkie, Jeon Cena, Fetus Kookie, International Playboy, Jungoo ( by fans )
Early Life/Prior to BTS Edit
Jungkook attended Baek Yang Middle School and Seoul School of Performing Arts High School. He is the youngest boy in his family, with one older brother. Jungkook attended an audition called Superstar K in an attempt to pursue his dream of becoming a singer, but he was eliminated before the final elimination round. After being seen in his audition, seven different entertainment agencies scouted him (including JYP, Cube, Big Hit Entertainment, Starship, FNC, and Woolim). Despite the numerous offers, he decided to choose Big Hit Entertainment after visiting the company and hearing RM, a trainee and future bandmate, rapping.
When Jungkook was thirteen years old, he was sent to Los Angeles for dance training, where he learned different styles of dance. Bang Sihyuk, BTS' producer and CEO, mentioned that Jungkook almost didn't debut with BTS because of how shy, quiet and timid he was; he was so shy that when he was asked to sing, he would start to cry. He was signed with Big Hit Entertainment and became a member of BTS in 8th grade, and he went on to debut with BTS on June 13, 2013 at the age of fifteen.
Major Works Edit
In October 2016, BTS released their second full studio album 'Wings'. In which marks each member having their own solo track on an album together. Jungkook's solo being "Begin". Jungkook mentioned he found it difficult to express his thoughts and feelings on paper himself, so he received help from RM in writing his solo.
Jungkook wrote and produced 'Magic Shop', which is featured on the full-length album Love Yourself 'Tear'. This is the second song for him to be accredited as a producer prior to 'Love Is Not Over'; which is featured on The Most Beautiful Moment In Life, Part, 1 and The Most Beautiful Moment In Life: Young Forever. 'Magic Shop' is also the second fan song with 2! 3! being the first.
- He is very cute !
- His Zodiac sign is Virgo.
- He is the youngest member of BTS.
- He is 21/22 years old (International/Korean ages, respectively)
- Jungkook's family consists of his mom, dad , and an older brother .His name is Jeon Jung-Hyun.
- One of his common nicknames is Kookie.
- He attended Baek Yang Middle School.
- His favorite foods are anything with flour (pizza, pasta, etc) and meat.
- His favorite colors are red, black (likes black the most), and white.
- His favorite singers are IU, Justin Bieber, Troye Sivan, G Dragon and Charlie Puth.
- His hobbies are drawing, filming, photography, playing games and dancing.
- He has a habit of sniffing a lot because he has rhinitis. He wiggles his fingers often as well.
- His shoe size is 7.5 (US conversion).
- His favorite number is 1.
- He loves to clap when he's excited.
- He likes shoes.
- He does not like tasteless things, insects, hurting himself, or studying.
- He speaks Korean, Japanese, and basic English.
- He is non religious.
- In Grade 7, Jungkook learned B-boying at a club with friends and hyungs.
- He has a black belt in Taekwondo.
- His favorite type of weather is sunny with a cool breeze.
- Jungkook's role model is G-Dragon of BigBang and RM .
- His dream when he was younger was to become a badminton player. In his first year of high school, he listened to G-Dragon songs and changed his dream to that of becoming a singer.
- His motto is, "I would rather be dead than to live without passion."
- He likes to read comic books.
- Jimin says that Jungkook smiles when he swears.
- He has a dog named 구름 - Gureum (Cloud).
- He dislikes all school subjects except Physical Education, Art, and Music.
- He generally doesn’t like bugs, but he likes cool bugs like (stag) beetles. He used to have a stag beetle when he was younger, but it died because he didn’t take care of it well.
- The other members say that Jungkook’s dorm room is the messiest, but Jungkook denies this claim.
- Jungkook likes collecting Bluetooth speakers.
- He said he usually didn’t exercise much but started working out after seeing the bodies of idols such as Taeyang and Jay Park.
- He is friends with GOT7's Bambam & Yugyeom, Seventeen's DK, Mingyu & The8, and NCT's Jaehyun (aka the '97 line). Jungkook and Bambam mentioned the '97 squad in their 'thanks' from their recent albums. Jungkook, Bambam & Yugyeom (GOT7), The8, Mingyu, & DK (Seventeen), and Jaehyun (NCT) are in a group conversation called "The Passengers of 1997."
- His ideal date is "walking along the beach at night."
- Things he wants to steal from other members: RM's knowledge, Suga's diverse knowledge, J-Hope's positive spirit, Jimin's persistence and effort, V's natural talent, and Jin's broad shoulders.
- Jungkook likes matching sets. He feels uneasy whenever his top and pants are different. (Run BTS! -EP. 29)
- He has a driver's license.
- He can play games on two computers at once. (Knowing Brother - EP. 94)
- Thinks that V is the most similar to him, quote: “V Hyung. He’s random, our comedic cords match well, and I think our personalities are similar.”
- His favorite video game is Overwatch. (However, he's stated in a Vlive that he doesn't play video games much anymore, rarely, if at all. He wants to focus more on music and other activities and interests.)
- He likes to do imitations/impersonations of his fellow band members, particularly Jimin.
- He likes to tease Jimin about his height.
- He has said RM is a role model of his, mentioning on numerous occasions how much RM continues to inspire him.
- In his earlier days, Jungkook would cry if he felt he didn't sing a song correctly or well.
- He hates being called Oppa (an honorific meaning "older brother," used by women in reference to men who are older than them) by older female fans. He's mentioned and joked before about checking ARMY fans' ID to see if they are actually younger than him.
- He is a huge fan of IU; his ringtone is one of IU's songs.
- His favorite Avenger is Iron Man ... too bad he's dead.
- He has seen the Japanese animation 'Kimi No Na Wa'. He jokingly believes he will have found his true love/soulmate if he hears a bell ring.
- He graduated from the Seoul School of Performing Arts (SOPA) high school in February 2017.
- Out of all the members, Jungkook responds to texts the least.
- He prefers to wear darker hair colors (black and various shades of brown). He thinks unnatural and bright colorus don't suit him. However, he will wear coloruful highlights (ex. pink, reddish-pink, blonde, etc...) in his hair occasionally.
- He once bleached his hair completely white, but changed it back to brown because he thought he looked too much like a grandpa.
- When Jungkook first moved into the dorms and met the other members, he was very shy and would shower late at night when everyone was asleep to avoid seeing or disturbing them.
- Jungkook's solo song "Begin" is a song dedicated to the other members. He explained that the song was about how his journey started at the age of 15 (Korean age) and was a way of him thanking his hyungs for helping him become the person he is today.
- Jungkook has done covers of many songs by different artists such as Justin Bieber, Troye Sivan, Tori Kelly, Adam Levine, Charlie Puth, etc...
We Don't Talk Anymore (covered by Jeon Jeongguk and Park Jimin)
2U by Justin Bieber (covered by Jeon Jeongguk)
Paper Hearts by Tori Kelly (covered by Jeon Jeongguk)
Nothing Like Us by Justin Bieber (covered by Jeon Jeongguk)
See You Again by Wiz Khalifa ft. Charlie Puth (covered by Jeon Jeongguk)
Fools by Troye Sivan (covered by Jeon Jeongguk and Kim Namjoon)
- Jungkook, along with the other members were listed on tccandler's 100 most handsome faces of 2018 and ended up as #2.
- Jungkook is very competitive and hates losing, especially in things pertaining to athletics and games.
- He is very athletic himself and considered the strongest (after Jin) and the fastest out of the members.
- Jungkook is known and serves the title as the bunny of the group, most notably for his bunny smile/teeth.
- Jungkook has had the most ear piercings of all the members. He's had 8 in total. (Only wears one piercing on each ear currently.)
- Suga and Jungkook always joke about opening a lamb skewers restaurant when they retire.
- Jungkook has his own studio called Golden Closet (Golden Closet Film/Studios). The name comes from Jungkook's old dorm room, which was basically a big walk-in closet and the first part of his nickname, Golden Maknae. This is where he recorded his covers and such before moving to the new current dorm.
- Jungkook likes Banana Milk.
- He clearly has cute pouting
- He is currently learning how to play the piano. He is the third member to play piano, after Suga and Jin. (However, in a recent Vlive, he mentioned that he stopped because he didn't have someone to properly teach him.)
- In a Vlive, he promised ARMYs that from that date, November 28th 2016, he would study English until next year. His promise was kept and his English has improved.
- In BTS' mini drama, "Flower Boys", Jungkook was the Art teacher.
- Jungkook mentioned one of the most embarrassing moments for him was when he got scolded by Jimin.
- Jungkook can B-Boy (Breakdance).
- Jungkook is sensitive to smell. (i.e has a good sense of smell.) His favored type of scent is soap smell.
- Jungkook's BT21 character is a pink rabbit named Cooky.
- Jungkook has a small scar on his left cheek (Because of a fight with his older brother to play first on the computer when he was little)
- Originally, Jungkook's stage name was going to be Seagull. However, he and the members, as well as Bang PD decided his real name suited him best.
- Out of all the members, Jungkook has had the least amount of hair colors. This is possibly due to back in 2014, Jungkook had red hair at the time and got negative comments and reactions to his hair wasn't favoruable. He took those comments to heart and it upset him. This may be a reason why nowadays he doesn't wear bright or unnatural colorus and is hesitant to do so. (However, his hair was dyed red recently during 'Lotte Family Concert' as well as SBS Super Concert in Taipei.). In early August 2018, he reveals a peach-blonde hair colour via Twitter.
- Jungkook admitted that when he was a trainee, he wasn't very ambitious about singing. He was more passionate about dancing and never expected to become the group's main vocalist. (Burn The Stage EP.5)
- He participated in the song 'One Dream One Korea' along with many other famous idols/singers back in 2015. This is a song of hope and prayer that North Korea and South Korea can one day be unified and end the long war between the two countries as well as longing for peace.
- J-Hope once got angry and threw a banana at Jungkook. Jungkook explained in a Vlive that the reason J-Hope threw a banana at him was because Jungkook received a fruit basket as a gift from an A.R.M.Y and he wanted to cherish the gift. He decided to share the fruits with the other membrs, but told them to stop to avoid all of them being eaten and that the gift rightfully belonged to him. J-Hope thought Jungkook was being selfish for arguing over the fruits and threw a banana as a result. He was shocked because he never expected someone as nice as J-Hope to get mad at him. (Burn The Stage EP.4)
- Jungkook is said to be one of the members who can cook very well. The others being Jin and J-Hope. (Run BTS! EP.50)
- In the behind-the-scenes of the 'Euphoria' short film video, Jungkook revealed he enjoys reading ARMYs' theories and likes to be on the look out for them. Especially very intricate and detailed theories.
- Jungkook wants to go on a trip with his future lover someday.
- In a recent fansign, Jungkook revealed his pet dog, Gureum, no longer recognizes him. This is possibly due to Jungkook rarely being at home in Busan and not being able to see Gureum often.
- Jungkook has microvophobia (The fear of microwaves). He's confirmed several times that he gets wary around them and avoids being near and/or using them, out of fear that they will explode.
- During a press conference for Love Yourself 'Tear' promotions in South Korea, it was confirmed that Jungkook is the next member who will release a mixtape. He is the 4th member to do so, after RM (RM, 2015), Suga (Agust D, 2016), and J-Hope (Hope World, 2018).
- He produced and wrote Magic Shop, which is featured on the full length album, Love Yourself 'Tear'. It's the second song he produced, prior to Love Is Not Over, which was released on The Most Beautiful Moment in Life, Part 1, and The Most Beautiful Moment in Life: Young Forever.
- Jungkook often refers to Jimin as 'Jimin-ssi' rather than 'Hyung'.
- Jungkook revealed that he wants to get a tattoo.
- The things Jungkook loves about himself the most is his passion and his thighs.
- He has two solo songs, “Begin” (Wings), and “Euphoria” (Love Yourself: Wonder).
- Jungkook's nickname, 'Golden Maknae', was given to him by RM.
- When Jungkook gets nervous he will fidget frequently. He also tends to bite his lip often.
- Jungkook is good at drawing like his older brother.
- Jungkook, along with Jin, Jimin, and V were voted as one of the Asian Heartthrobs of 2018, earning him a spot at #31.
- Jungkook has said that he rarely wore anything pink colored, but that changed because of his BT21 character Cooky.
- As a songwriter, Jungkook has six songs accredited to his name by the KMCA (Korean Music Copyright Association).
- Jungkook has taken an interest in writing lyrics as of lately. He wants to create his own songs and reads books for word choice and inspiration.
- Jungkook's solo song 'Euphoria', has become one of the longest music chart-running solo songs released from BTS thus far. Entering Gaon at #2 and has remained on the chart for 8 consecutive weeks. Landed #5 on Billboard's 'bubbling under Hot 100' in the US, reached #47 in Japan's RekoChoku, #1 in Apple Music China, #4 in Apple Music Japan and #2 in Line Music singles chart. His solo has also been featured as background music for culture and travel-based television programs as well as having been played on radio stations. 'Euphoria' has also charted in 93 different countries, earning #1 in Taiwan, Peru, and Saudi Arabia. According to Billboard, 'Euphoria' could have made it into 'Hot 100' if the song had an MV.
- He has guested on multiple variety shows, most notably Flower Crew, Celebrity Bromance, Let's Eat Dinner Together and King Of Masked Singer.
- Jungkook hates cigarettes (particularly the smell). He once sent his dad a message begging him to stop smoking because he was worried for his health (American Hustle Life). However, Jungkook confirmed that his dad had finally quit at some point. (Let's Eat Dinner Together)
- During the World Tour for Love Yourself, Jungkook injured his foot and couldn't perform for 7 concert days. He had to get stitches in his heel.
- Jungkook stated in a Vlive that he doesn't like to eat late at night, as doing so will give him heartburn and an upset stomach the following morning. (180906, 181016 Vlive)
- Jungkook is shy and introverted.
- Jungkook was voted as one of the 100 most sexiest men in the world. Earning him a spot at #1.
- Jungkook's voice deepens whenever he speaks in Satoori (Busan Dialect/Accent).
- He ranked #2 on " 100 most handsome faces of 2018"