Park Ji-min (박 지민) is also known by his stage name Jimin. He is a member of BTS (a.k.a Bulletproof Boy Scouts/Bangtan Sonyeondan/Beyond The Scene) under BigHit Entertainment.
Jimin made his debut on June 13, 2013, as a member of BTS on Mnet's M! Countdown with the track "No More Dream" from their debut single album 2 Cool 4 Skool. Together with the members of BTS, he went on to win a series of awards and performed at several events such as the Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA), American Music Awards (AMAs) and Billboard Music Awards (BBMAs).
Park Jimin was born in Busan, South Korea. He is the oldest child in his family. He has one younger brother whose name is Park Ji-hyun.
When he was a child, he attended the Busan's Hodong Elementary School; later he was a top student at Busan High School of Arts.
Jimin became interested in a singing career after watching one of Rain’s performances. After his dance teacher recommended an audition, he auditioned for Big Hit Entertainment.
After moving to Seoul, he began attending Korea Art School with V, where they graduated in 2014.
Major Works Edit
In October 2016, BTS released their second full studio album 'Wings'. In which marks each member having their own solo track on an album together. Jimin contributed in writing his solo song 'Lie'. It was mentioned that 'Lie' was implied to explain about Jimin's past insecurities and struggles within himself.
- Stage name: Jimin
- Real Name: Park Ji-min
- Birthday: October 13, 1995
- Birthplace: Busan, South Korea
- Nicknames: Jiminie, Mochi, Chim Chim, Jimin-ssi, Christian ChimChim
- Zodiac Sign: Libra
- Height: 175cm/5'9"
- Blood Type: A
- Group Position(s): Main Dancer, Lead Vocalist
- He can speak Korean, Japanese, and basic English.
- He contributed to writing his solo "Lie".
- Jimin and V were classmates in high school. They are very close friends.
- Jimin graduated Seoul High School of Arts as the top student from all the departments based on his outstanding dance skills as well as his exceptional academic achievements.
- He says that in 10 years he wants to be a cool singer enjoying his time.
- He is 23/24 years old (US/Korean ages respectively)
- Jimin's BT21 character is a puppy named Chimmy. He wears a yellow hooded jumper. His tongue is always sticking out as well.
- He listens to music on cold and sunny days as it makes him feel good.
- Jimin learned 'popping' in 8th grade.
- His favourite colors are light blue, purple and black.
- His Zodiac sign are Libra Sun and Gemini Moon.
- His has a habit of dancing whenever he gets a chance or whenever the music's turned on.
- His favourite number is number 3.
- His favourite subjects in school are art, PE, math and chemistry.
- He is known as the most energetic person in the group.
- Jimin's role models are Taeyang (BIGBANG), Rain and Chris Brown.
- During the 3rd Muster, he was featured in Suga's song, "Tony Montana".
- Jimin sang Serendipity, being the first intro track that featured a single vocal line member.
- His favorite avenger is Hulk because he thinks many people like Iron Man already.
- All members agreed that Jimin has changed and improved a lot since debut.
- Jimin is the only member who doesn't have a pet of any kind.
- Jimin gets upset when he feels he hasn't given his best in a performance. He starts to think very pessimistically and feels bad about it once he enters that state of mind. (Burn The Stage EP.5)
- In BTS mini drama 'Flower Boys', Jimin was the Physical Education teacher.
- He unknowingly once spent over 7 hours straight playing on his phone. (Burn The Stage EP.3)
- The members have said Jimin is the scariest when he's angry or irritated.
- Jimin had three choices of stage names; which were 'Baby J', 'Baby G', and 'Young Kid'. However, he decided that his real name suited him best and used it.
- He likes sour things. (i.e lemons, lemon juice, etc..)
- When asked what his favorite hair coloru was, Jimin says he likes all the hair colours he's tried so far and they are all unique in their own way. (Buzzfeed Interview 2018)
- Jimin ideal type are girls that are nice, cute, charming, and must be smaller than him.
- Jimin, along with Jungkook and V, was voted as one of the 100 most handsome faces of 2017. Earning him a spot at #64.
- He has two solo songs, “Lie” (Wings), and ”Serendipity“ (Love Yourself: Her).
- Jimin, along with Jin, Jungkook, and V was voted as one of the Asian Heartthrobs of 2018, earning him a spot at #33.
- Jimin is a perfectionist and is very self-critical of himself.
- Jimin holds the record of the most liked/favorited solo broadcast on Vlive, receiving 1 billion hearts.
- He has guested on multiple variety shows, most notably Please Take Care Of My Refrigerator, Hello Counselor, Running Man, Knowing Bros, and King of Masked Singer.