Park Ji-min (박지민) is also known by his stage name Jimin. He is a member of BTS (a.k.a Bulletproof Boy Scouts/Bangtan Sonyeondan) under BigHit Entertainment.
Jimin made his debut on June 13, 2013, as a member of BTS on Mnet's M! Countdown with the track "No More Dream" from their debut single album 2 Cool 4 Skool. Together with the members of BTS, he went on to win a series of awards and performed at several events such as the Mnet Asian Music Awards (MAMA), American Music Awards (AMAs) and Billboard Music Awards (BBMAs).
Park Jimin was born in Busan, South Korea. He is the oldest child in his family. He has one younger brother whose name is Park Ji-Hyun.
When he was a child, he attended the Busan's Hodong Elementary School; later he was a top student at Busan High School of Arts.
Jimin became interested in a singing career after watching one of Rain’s performances. After his dance teacher recommended an audition, he auditioned for Big Hit Entertainment.
After moving to Seoul, he began attending Korea Art School with V, where they graduated in 2014
Major Works Edit
In October 2016, BTS released their second full studio album 'Wings'. In which brands each member has their own solo track in an album together. Jimin contributed to the writing of his solo song 'Lie'. It was mentioned that 'Lie' was implicit to explain the past insecurities and struggles within.
- Stage name: Jimin
- Real Name: Park Jimin
- Birthday: October 13, 1995
- Birthplace: Geumsa-dong, Busan, South Korea
- Nicknames: ChimChim, Jiminie, Mochi, Little Prince, Christian ChimChim, Guy in the red suit
- Zodiac Sign: Libra
- Weight: 61kg (134 lbs)
- Height: 175 cm (5'9")
- Blood Type: A
- Group Position(s): Main Dancer, Lead Vocalist
- He says that in 10 years he wants to be a cool singer enjoying his time.
- He is 23/24 years old (International/Korean ages respectively)
- Jimin's BT21 character is a puppy named Chimmy. He wears a yellow hooded jumper. His tongue is always sticking out as well.
- Jimin is best friends with EXO's Kai, SHINEE's Taemin and ex Wanna One member Sungwoon. They are known as the 'Padding Squad', along with two other idols. He is also good friends with EXO's Chanyeol, GOT7's Jinyoung, and ex Wanna one member Seongwoo.
- He listens to music on cold and sunny days as it makes him feel good.
- Jimin learned 'popping' in 8th grade.
- Jimin is in charge of the killing parts in BTS' song. He often appears at the climax and dance breaks.
- His roommate is J-Hope.
- His favorite colorus are light blue, purple and black.
- His Zodiac sign is Libra.
- His has a habit of dancing whenever he gets a chance or whenever the music's turned on.
- His best and favorite subjects in school are art, PE, math, and chemistry.
- Jimin was class president for nine years and was a member of the student council continuously.
- He was the only dance major at Busan School Of Arts to be top of his department, making him highly admired.
- He is known as the most energetic person in the group.
- During the 3rd Muster, he was featured in Suga's song, "Tony Montana".
- Jimin sang Serendipity, being the first intro track that featured a single vocal line member.
- His favorite avenger is Hulk because he thinks many people like Iron Man already.
- All members agreed that Jimin has changed and improved a lot since debut.
- Jimin is the only member who doesn't have a pet of any kind.
- Jimin gets upset when he feels he hasn't given his best in performance. He starts to think very pessimistically and feels bad about it once he enters that state of mind. (Burn The Stage EP.5)
- In BTS mini-drama 'Flower Boys', Jimin was the Physical Education teacher.
- He unknowingly once spent over 7 hours straight playing on his phone. (Burn The Stage EP.3)
- The members have said Jimin is the scariest when he's angry or irritated.
- Jimin had three choices of stage names; which were 'Baby J', 'Baby G', and 'Young Kid'. However, he decided that his real name suited him best and used it.
- He likes sour things. (i.e lemons, lemon juice, etc..)
- When asked what his favorite hair coloru was, Jimin says he likes all the hair colorus he's tried so far and they are all unique in their own way. (Buzzfeed Interview 2018)
- Jimin ideal type are girls that are nice, cute, charming, and must be smaller than him.
- He has two solo songs, “Lie” (Wings), and ”Serendipity“ (Love Yourself: Her).
- Jimin, along with Jin, Jungkook, and V was voted as one of the Asian Heartthrobs of 2018, earning him a spot at #33.
- Jimin holds the record of the most liked/favorited solo broadcast on Vlive, receiving 1 billion hearts and the most viewed Vlive with over 183M views. His 2018 birthday Vlive is the fastest Vlive to reach 10M views and 1B hearts. He is the first and only person on the platform to have three Vlives reach 1B hearts. Jimin has 3/4 of the most viewed solo Vlives and the most views for an individual artist.
- He has guested on multiple variety shows, most notably Please Take Care Of My Refrigerator, Hello Counselor, Running Man, Knowing Bros, Weekly Idol and a judge on King of Masked Singer.
- Jimin is the third youngest in the group.
- He can speak Korean, Japanese, and basic English.
- He contributed to writing his solo "Lie" and "Promise".
- His solo songs within BTS, "Lie" and "Serendipity" are the most streamed BTS solo songs and the third and fourth most stream Kpop solo songs on Spotify. "Serendipity" is also the most viewed solo music video by a BTS member while "Lie" is the most viewed short film.
- Jimin is regarded as one of the best dancer's in the third generation of Kpop.
- He has the most viewed fancam in Kpop history (for Fake Love) and 4/10 of the most viewed fancams on Mnet
- Jimin and V were classmates in high school. They are the closest in BTS and refer to themselves as the "'95 soulmates".
- Musites often refer to him as "Stage Genius", "King of Dance" etc.
- Jimin graduated from Seoul High School of Arts as the top student from all the departments based on his outstanding dance skills as well as his exceptional academic achievements.
- His favorite number is 13.
- Jimin was valedictorian of his grade.
- Jimin's role models are Taeyang (BIGBANG), Rain and Chris Brown.
- Jimin is a perfectionist and is very self-critical of himself.
- Jimin is the third youngest in the group.
- His favorite features about him are his eyes and his height.
- Jimin is very clumsy. He is frequently seen falling: albeit off of chairs, beds, or even slipping on stage.
- He was named as one of the 'Precious yet Powerful' Idols, that proves duality does exist.
- He was the eighth most tweeted musician and ninth most tweeted celebrity of 2018 despite not having an individual Twitter account.
- He has been dubbed the "Face of Kpop" and "The Most Popular BTS Member In The World".
- He was listed at #17 on Guardian's list of the Best Boy Band Members.
- Jimin was the #1 Kpop idol of 2018 according to a poll by Gallup Korea, with Korean citizens as the voters. He is the first ever male idol to do so.
- Jimin has the largest scale of birthday tweets ever.
- He was named the most popular Kpop idol of 2017.
- Jimin is well known for his beautiful dance lines.
- Jimin constantly tops Brand Reputation Ranking for Male Idols and was #1 for all idols in 2018.
- Jimin is highly admired by many rookie idols, including Wanna One, The Boyz, Stray Kids, Victon etc.
- At the end of December 2018, he released his first solo album titled 'Promise' featuring pictures by Taehyung and assistance with lyrics by Namjoon. It broke Soundcloud's record for the biggest debut of 24 hours with 8.5+ streams; it's also the fastest Korean song on the platform to read 100M streams.
- He was voted as one of The Most Handsome Faces of 2017 and 2018.