Jung Ho-Seok (Hangul: 정호석), better known as J-Hope, is the main dancer and rapper of South Korean group BTS (AKA; Bangtan Sonyeondan). J-Hope made his debut on June 13, 2013 as a member of BTS, a group formed by BigHit Entertainment, with their debut single album 2 Cool 4 Skool.
Together with the members of BTS, he went on to win a series of awards and performed at several events such as the Mnet Asian Music Awards, the American Music Awards, and Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin Eve.
J-Hope was born in Gwangju, South Korea, on February 18, 1994. He has an older sister named Jung Dawon, who owns a clothing line called Mejiwoo.
Before his debut, J-Hope was part of the underground street dance team "NEURON", where he earned many prizes and performed frequently during promotions. In March 1, 2018, he dropped his first mixtape, 'Hope World'.
- Stage Name: J-Hope
- Real Name: Jung Hoseok
- Nickname(s): Hobi, Hope, Bangtan's Hope, Golden Hyung, Sunshine
- Birthday: February 18, 1994
- Zodiac Sign: Aquarius
- Birthplace: Gwangju, South Korea
- Position: Main Dancer, Lead Rapper, Sub Vocalist
- Height: 177cm/5' 10"
- Weight: 65 kg/143 lbs
- Blood Type: A
- net worth: 12 million
- He has one older sister
- J-Hope auditioned in JYP Entertainment but wasn’t accepted, so he went to Big Hit Entertainment and made it in as a trainee
- J-Hope was part of the street dance crew named "neuron"
- He can speak Korean, Japanese, and basic sunshine language.
- When he was in elementary school, he had a passion for tennis, and was relatively good at it. He often played in competitions and once received a bronze medal in a 3-team competition.
- His Motto: “If you don’t work hard, there won’t bs food served at your table by Seokjin.”
- He has a cat named Yoongi
- Before debut J-hope hated doing aegyo but he changed his mind.
- J-Hope's favorite colour is Green.
- J-Hope and Suga are really bad at drawing.
- He likes visiting the Fancafe when he has time because he needs to know what the fans are saying.
- When having problems or worries he would share them with RM or Suga.
- He's 25/26 years old. (U.S/Korean ages respectively)
- Things he wants to steal from other members is Jimin’s chocolate abs, RM’s rap skills and his good English.
- J-Hope’s ideal date: “I love the sea, I would like to walk down to the beach and hold hands (Laugh)”
- 3 requirements for J-Hope happiness: Family, Health, and Love.
- In the dorm, he currently shares a room with Jimin.
- J-Hope’s ideal type is a catwho loves him, is good at cooking, and reads a lot.
- J-Hope is the only member who doesn't have ear piercings. He says he can look manly without them.
- On March 2nd 2018, J-Hope released his first mixtape called Hope World.
- He had a girlfriend but she left him for someone else.
- He gets scared quite easily. “Im braver than you think”
- J-Hope's solo song "Mama" is a song dedicated to his mom. She came to a BTS concert and when J-Hope performed it, she cried. He says the song was written as a means to show that he has finally become a son she can be proud of.
- Despite the age gap, J-Hope hangs around the maknaes most of the time.
- J-Hope has been a victim of cyberbullying. He's had a few instances where he would be broadcasting on Vlive and come across many comments saying that he had no talent or that he doesn't belong in BTS. This refrained him from doing Vlives by himself for a long period of time.
- In BTS's mini drama 'Flower Boys', J-Hope was teaching Literature. J-Hope likes reading and literature, notably for the fact his father was a literature teacher and introduced the subject to his son.
- When he was young, J-Hope's father would cook seaweed soup five days a week. He had gotten so used to it that he can recognize the smell and texture of seaweed instantly. (Run BTS! EP.43)
- J-Hope's BT21 character is a blue/purple horse named Mang.
- J-Hope revealed that he actually left BigHit Entertainment/BTS during the group's earlier days (before debut). However, he decided to come back because he trusted in the members and the members saying that the group wasn't the same without him. (Burn The Stage EP.3)
- J-Hope's favorite drink is Sprite.
- J-Hope is said to be one of the members who can cook very well. The others being Jin, Suga and Jungkook. (Run BTS! EP. 50)
- J-Hope once got angry and threw a banana at Jungkook. This was due to the fact that Jungkook had gotten a fruit basket as a present from an A.R.M.Y and he wanted to cherish the gift. Jungkook shared the fruits with the other members at first, but told them to stop to avoid all of them being eaten as he wanted to keep the rest for himself and that the gift was rightfully his. J-Hope thought Jungkook was being selfish for arguing over the fruits and threw a banana at him as a result. (Burn The Stage EP.4)
- J-Hope's favorite hair coloruris red. (Buzzfeed Puppy interview 2018)
- J-Hope is the only member in the group who doesn't need or require prescription glasses and contact lenses as he has very good eyesight. If he's seen with glasses or lenses on, it is merely for fashion purposes.
- He has three solo songs, “MAMA” (Wings), “Boy Meets Evil” (Wings), and “Just Dance” (Love Yourself: Answer).
- His catchphrase is " I'm your hope, You're my hope I'm J-hope! "